twitter
rss



Be going to vs will
Be going to and will are expressed future time.
a. I am going to arrive in the morning
b.   I will arrive in the morning

a and b have the same meaning. Will and be going to give the same meaning but sometimes it has different.
Look at the examples
a   a.  I bouhgt a lot of cheese because my mother is going to make cookies
    b.   your room is too messy. I will help you to tidy up
( be going to) is used to express a prior plan, in a plan made before the moment of speaking
In b, the speaker decides to help at the immediate present moment.

Exercise
Complete the sentence with be going to or will
1     1.    A: Why did you slice the apple?
    B : I am going to make juice
    2.  A:Why are you carrying the water
   B: I………………………………………………….water the plant
    3.  A:Could you open the door?
   B: I…………………………………………………do ti
    4.   A:Look at that cloud! It is so dark
   B: It……………………………………………..rain
    5.    A:I have bought three tickets for my family
   B: …………………………..spend your vacation in Bali?






0 komentar:

Post a Comment